Subject: Summary: Educational Choices
From: Steve Piccolo <pic -at- byu -dot- edu>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 08:10:48 -0700

Since I have received a large number requests for my educational-path
summary, I
decided to send it to the list.

Everybody's responses varied in different ways (some said to forget an
degree but some said it would be great), but the most important advice I took
from these responses is that I should do a quality internship to see what I
really enjoy doing in the "real" world before diving into an advanced degree.

After much consideration, the following is what I plan to do: find an
internship in technical writing and then get a part-time job with an Internet
company next school year. After having these experiences, I'll be in a better
position to make a decision on the rest of my career and education.

Anyway, my summary is at http://www.byu.edu/~srp33/educ.htm

If you have any questions about it, please feel free to contact me. Thanks
again
to all who took time to give such great advice!

--Steve, pic -at- byu -dot- edu