Re: New Hires

Subject: Re: New Hires
From: Ron Rhodes <RRhodes -at- fourthchannel -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L Digest' (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:56:46 -0500

Eric and Others,

If a student wants to get started in tech-writing, a University should do
it's best to prepare them for their job. Not all of my suggestions are
absolute requirements. But any student should take a good many of them
into consideration. After all, a student has 3-4 years to take classes --
that's a lot of time.

I can't tell you how many times some young kid just out of school has come
along and put me to shame with all of their skills and know-how, and I'm
only 32. Many of these students come from big universities in Ohio (where I
am from), Bowling Green State University (great program), Ohio State, and
Ohio University. These things I have suggested are not rubbish, as you have
suggested. On the contrary, they are already being taught in many schools,
and I have seen the results.

Ron Rhodes
Lead Technical Writer, fourthchannel, inc.