RE: screen captures - PSP is just fine for me.

Subject: RE: screen captures - PSP is just fine for me.
From: "Humbird, Len - CFC" <Humbird -dot- Len -at- cfwy -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 15:02:22 -0800

Since I've been on the Windows platform, I've used the Windows built-in
screen capture function <alt-print screen>. Then I use Paint Shop Pro to
tailor the image, crop it, reduce the color palette and then save it as a
bmp.

The screen capture function in Paint Shop Pro is also quite nice, and I use
that when I need to grab specific parts of a window, such as the menu bar,
tool bar, client active area, etc.

I also use Paint Shop Pro to reduce the image to the desired dimensions -
usually to 60 or 75% of the original size. I'm very content with it: it
reduces the image dimensions with minimal loss in detail. Great for online
help systems and web publishing. It also has a batch mode for processing a
folder full of images all at once.

Then, maybe I'll use Freehand to create some groovy circles and arrows and a
paragraph on the back of each one (a humble lyrical tribute to "Alice's
Restaurant"), and use that to emphasize specific areas of the screen.

Now... if this were a Mac with the new OS X, I'm sure there would be
different steps to capture a screen through its "liquid" user interface.