RE: Justifying active tense and second person singular

Subject: RE: Justifying active tense and second person singular
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 07:08:43 -0800

Hi Folks --

From my original message, several people have inferred that my boss must be
awful.

Not so! Actually he's a great boss. Really. It's just that he's not a
writer. Actually, we are all engineers in this group. (I'm an engineer who
is moving into tech writing.) So I needed to collect the appropriate
evidence that I was correct, rather than walking in with "it also applys to
DoD docs because I say so" as my justification.

Thanks again for all your help and thoughts.

-- Meg