Re: Justifying active tense and second person singular

Subject: Re: Justifying active tense and second person singular
From: BlaineBachman -at- bia -dot- gov
To: HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 07:38:51 -0700

Meg-

This is pretty shocking coming out of DoD! I was in the AF for several
years, and as early as 1980 attended a Govt-sponsored writing course where
the use of active voice was stressed above all else.

I don't know where you can find your needed style guide - the Air Force's
"Tongue and Quill" publication still existed out on the web as recently as
18 months ago - that was our bible.

BTW, does your boss have "Flintstone" or "B.C." cartoons pasted up in his
office?

-bb