Naming a screen section

Subject: Naming a screen section
From: Lean Ni Chuilleanain <lnc -at- nua -dot- ie>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 19:19:43 +0000

Hi folks -

I'm documenting a web application which involves approving documents submitted to a database. I'd be grateful for suggestions on what to name a particular section of the main screen (described below).

The screen contains a number of tabs labelled according to the different states a document can be in (pending, approved, etc.).

Above the tabs is a list of totals - total documents in the system, and a breakdown by tab. It is this list that I want to name (as in "the total number of documents in each tab is indicated on the XXX").

It's a horizontal section, separated from the tabs by a different background colour, but less distinct from the screen title and login details (which appear above it).

The best I can come up with is "Statistics Display", which sounds a bit grandiose for something so simple. Other ideas include "Statistics Bar" or "Statistics List", but I don't like it much. What about abbreviating? "Stats List"? "Stats Display"?

I await your pearls of wisdom.

Oink,
LNC

Lean Ni Chuilleanain, Technical Writer, NUA Ltd

http://www.nua.ie/

"Leveraging Institutional Memory through Contextual Digital Asymptotic Approximations of Application Processes suited to utilization by Information-Constrained, Self-Actualizing Non-Technologists." (Dan Brinegar)