Management Training

Subject: Management Training
From: Tony Rocco <tony -at- roundpeg -dot- com>
To: "'TechWriter List (E-mail)'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 14:11:08 -0800

Fellow writer types,

I am beginning to assume managerial responsibilities with a small Web
applications development firm in San Francisco. Right now, it's just me
doing the docs, but early in the next millenium I will be hiring one and
possibly two tech whirlers to give me aid and comfort. As I climb the ladder
to high-flying success in the corporate world, enteriing the vaunted ranks
of management, it occurs to me that I could stand a managerial/project
planning course or two. I was wondering if anyone can recommend training
courses they have taken and can vouch for at a Bay Area school like UC Santa
Cruz, SF State, UC Berkeley, et al. Thanks.

Technically yours,

Tony

Calm in quietude is not real calm; when you can be calm in the midst of
activity, this is the true state of nature. Happiness in comfort is not real
happiness; when you can be happy in the midst of hardship, then you see the
true potential of the mind.

- Huanchu Daoren, Zen master