on-line degrees

Subject: on-line degrees
From: "Klinck, Kristin" <kgklinck -at- essvote -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 14:15:35 -0600

I was browsing around in search of MAs in technical writing and noticed
quite a few offered on-line.

I'm wondering how on-line degrees are received in the business world. Are
they smiled upon, frowned upon, indifferent in comparison to "face-to-face"
degrees?

I'd assume that face-to-face degrees will always be preferred, but with more
and more universities offering courses on-line, I wondered if the attitude
toward an "on-your-own" degree wouldn't become favorable the more common
they become.

Does anyone have any experience in this arena that can offer insight?

I receive the digest, so please copy me directly in reply
(kgklinck -at- essvote -dot- com).

Thanks!
Kristin Klinck
Technical Writer