Guide to writing online help for web app

Subject: Guide to writing online help for web app
From: "Joan Melgaard" <joan -at- mirrorworlds -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 10:24:58 -0500

Where can I find some sort of standard or guidelines for writing online
help for a web application? The application itself is written in Java
and we would like to stay true to this, but it isn't a requirement.
Also, how do you handle context sensitive help in an application that
runs in a browser? It seems to me that I am somewhat restricted by the
browser in that a right click cannot be used to initiate help.
Thanks,
Joan

--
Joan Melgaard