Re: Great font for lines of code?

Subject: Re: Great font for lines of code?
From: "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jaed -at- jaedworks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 16:37:42 -0800

At 2:49 AM -0800 12/24/99, Scott Wilson wrote:
>In some technical documents I have to include lines of code for the user to
>enter at the command line. However, most fonts make it difficult to
>distinguish some letters and numbers (l and 1, 0 and o); has anyone
>discovered a good font for overcoming this problem?

Ask your local programmers. Having to deal with code which can't be allowed
to be ambiguous, where ambiguities like this can't be allowed, they'll
likely have some suggestions.

I use Andale Mono a lot for coding (I believe this is a Microsoft font). It
distinguishes nicely between zero and uppercase-O and between lowercase l,
uppercase I, and the numeral 1.

--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed -at- jaedworks -dot- com
http://www.jaedworks.com