Acrobat Help

Subject: Acrobat Help
From: "Peter Lucas" <peterlucas -at- mediaone -dot- net>
To: <Framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 17:27:27 -0800

I just got the latest and (supposedly) greatest version of Adobe Acrobat
(4.0.5) and I was hoping it would fix an annoying problem I'm having. It
didn't.

When I create a PDF in Win 98 using only my favorite PostScript fonts
(GillSans and Minion) and using the FrameMaker print to .ps method, the
fonts do not get embedded and I can't edit the text in the PDF with the
Touch Up tool. (Same thing happens when I use the PDF Maker driver with MS
Word.)

If you check the Font Info for the PDF, it lists two fonts:

Original Font Type Encoding Used Font Type
MSTT31c691 Type 1 Custom Embedded Subset Type 1
MSTT31c6ab Type 1 Custom Embedded Subset Type 1

The crazy thing is that I don't use subsetting! I just embed all my fonts.
I'm not concerned about PDF size really. I want my users to be able to view
my PDF in its original splendor.

In my Distiller Job Options, I have Embed All Fonts selected and I have
GillSans (all flavors) and Minion (all flavors) in the Always Embed section
(along with all my other PostScript fonts). The Subset All Embedded Fonts
Below ... option is not even selected.

Anybody have any ideas? Of course the folks at Adobe told me to reinstall (I
did and it didn't work) and then they told me to reinstall Windoze 98 (I
just installed it about two months ago -- sheesh!), so I won't resort to
that.

I'm just hoping that someone out there has run into a similar problem and
has an easy fix for me! Please?

Thanks,

Peter Lucas