Re: flowchart software for the Macintosh

Subject: Re: flowchart software for the Macintosh
From: "Joe" <jsokohl -at- eudoramail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 02:08:53 -0800

Well, probably TopDown Flowcharter from Kaetron Software (http://www.kaetron.com/) is a good bet...and it works on both Wintel & MacOS. Costs about $199 (maybe cheaper from MacZone or MacWarehouse or CompUSA). Here's what Download.com says about it:
"TopDown FlowCharter creates flowcharts for a variety of business planning and documentation uses. It's flexible enough to develop process flow and matrix diagrams, office procedure charts, and more. Symbols automatically connect as they are created. Choose from predrawn symbols, or create your own."

There's also Flowchart Maker from Tension Software. It's a shareware product you can download from http://www.download.com (search for it once you get to the site). Here's what Download.com sez:
"Flowchart Maker uses an interactive drawing environment with rulers, grids, different measure units, and scales of magnification. The user interacts with flowchart elements, directly manipulating them in a true Mac environment. Floating palettes can be used to select tools and to perform frequent commands. Version 1.3 features bug fixes, multiple selection capabilities, new hot keys, smart cursors, and more."

In addition (and perhaps overkill), you can use Canvas from Deneba Software (http://www.deneba.com). It is a full illustration/publication/drawing/photo manip tool...costs around $379 (but there's a competitive upgrade). Has the ability to create diagrams using "smart lines," which retain connections. I use it and like it, but then again I have a need for the illustration tools....
Hope this helps,
joe
---
Our fears are like dragons, guarding our most precious treasures.
___Rainer Marie Rilke

[Kari said]