Open a PDF at a bookmark

Subject: Open a PDF at a bookmark
From: "David Chinell" <dchinell -at- email -dot- msn -dot- com>
To: "Technical Writers List \(E-mail\)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:55:49 -0500

Listers:

I've long wished for a way to have Acrobat and Reader open not just a
specific file, but a specific topic (bookmark). There really aren't any
smooth, effortless solutions. I wish it was a built-in method of Acrobat,
like a command-line switch.

I went to the Adobe web pages and submitted a formal request for this
feature. Why don't you do the same? Here's the URL:

http://www.adobe.com/support/feature.html

Here's what I asked for -- feel free to cut and paste or amend to suit your
own wishes.

Title: Open to a specific bookmark
specified bookmark. Typically, this would be a command-line switch something
like:
c:\adobe\acrobat.exe /f c:\tests\Test.pdf /b "Changing the Date Format"
The bookmark is specified by its name. This method should be available in
both Acrobat (formerly Exchange) and Reader.
Bear