Re: Total Waste of Time

Subject: Re: Total Waste of Time
From: "Nancy E. Kaminski" <nancykam -at- mediaone -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 12:11:46 -0600

Andrew wrote:

> NOBODY CARES what you call these damn things. Jeez. This is exactly the
kind
> of completely trivial nonsense that too many writers obsess over. Pick a
name
> and stick with it. This decision should take a total of 13.75 seconds. I
like
> "ToolTips" - DONE!

I have to agree with Andrew on this one (it was a lovely rant, Andrew!). It
reminds me of an editor I once worked with. After she had been asked over
and over for advice on which exact word or phrase to use in a document, she
put a sign up in her cubicle:

"You aren't Hemingway, it won't win a Nobel prize, just write the damned
document!"

It got her point across. <g>

Nancy Kaminski

Nancy E. Kaminski , Technical Writer/Editor
Fairview Health Services, Minneapolis, MN USA
(612) 672-6882 phone, (612) 672-6083 fax
nkamins1 -at- fairview -dot- org | nancykam -at- mediaone -dot- net
"Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so." -- Douglas Adams