choosing the right format for documentation

Subject: choosing the right format for documentation
From: "J.C. Morel" <jcmorel -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:15:00 GMT

Hello,

Let me start by saying that I am on digest and would prefer that you respond directly to me instead of to the list. Thanks.

We are developing a new application in the CRM (customer relationship management) solutions marketplace. I am hopelessly trying to get information on what is the minimum amount of documentation expected with a product and in what formats (paper, PDF and HTML).

This is a _very_ configurable and modular system. Users are marketing people and business analysts. We have come up with the following:

* 'installation guide' in print
* 'getting started' in print
* procedures as help (no paper or pdf)
* 'administration guide' in print with pdf updates
* 'configuration guide' in print with pdf updates

Comments?! Suggestions?!

Once we have this list, we can always offer more.

Thanks in advance. I will post a summary to the list.

J. Morel
Technical Writer