W-2 Contractor to Independent Contractor

Subject: W-2 Contractor to Independent Contractor
From: "Andrea McCauley" <writer4u -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:48:02 -0500

Hi fellow listers,

I've been a W-2 contractor for over two years and am interested in becoming
an Independent Contractor. Can anyone provide me with pros/cons of making
this conversion, tips on how to do it, and if it's even worth making the
change? My drawback is the tax portion but I've been told that that is the
easy part. Are there fellow listers out there that have made the conversion
and feel comfortable in recommending this to others?

Any tips, information, books, or helpful websites are appreciated!

TIA,
Andrea