Re: Contracting, Contracting

Subject: Re: Contracting, Contracting
From: "Sarah O'Keefe" <okeefe -at- scriptorium -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:06:59 -0500

>For those interested in the Raleigh NC job market--I recommend that you
>check out the Research Triangle Park (RTP) online--SAS, IBM, Glaxo, Nortel,
>many others have major offices there. Look up Raleigh, Durham and Chapel
>Hill newapapers online and cruise the classified ads(the Raleigh News &
>Observer is a good one). Red Hat Software is nearby and they're
>hiring--again, check out the website. I work at Itron/UTS and we're hiring
>(see below). There are many employment agencies around here (like Manpower,
>Ablest Staffing, others) who place people in high-tech jobs, both permanent
>and contract.

If you're looking for tech writing contracts, I'd suggest that you talk to TPS:

www.t-p-s.com

They specialize in placing tech writers. Last time I checked, they also had
a bazillion postings on the local STC job bank
(http://www.stc-carolina.org/www/weeklyjobs.shtml) -- which is always a
good place to look for job openings locally.

Note: I know and like the people who run TPS, but I don't have any
financial stake in your contacting them.

I also have a few contacts locally who are looking for writers (permanent
jobs). If you're interested in high-end software docs, drop a note to
careers -at- scriptorium -dot- com -dot-

Sarah

Sarah O'Keefe Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.
919-481-2701 x13 okeefe -at- scriptorium -dot- com
Need WebWorks Publisher training in CA? http://www.scriptorium.com