RE: Baseline Skillset for Technical Writers?

Subject: RE: Baseline Skillset for Technical Writers?
From: "krupp, marguerite" <krupp_marguerite -at- emc -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:41:31 -0500

My three requirements (from a previous life as a long-time hiring manager):

Superb writing skills
An affinity for the technology
The ability to get along with people and work well as a member of a team

Thus far, everyone has omitted the last one, yet my experience has been that
more people fail because of that than any other reason.

Marguerite