Re: style guide

Subject: Re: style guide
From: Christi Carew <christi -at- sageinst -dot- COM>
To: Pam Hurley <hurleyp -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:23:19 -0800

>I've been commissioned to produce an online style guide for a fledgling drug
>company. Any suggestions in terms of other style guides I might peruse to
>get a better idea of how to formulate this one--things covered, etc?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Pam Hurley

One additional note, I just thought of after reading someone else's response...
At a biotech company I used to work at, we used three references to compile
our own style guide:
Sun Style Guide
Chicago Manual of Style
AMA Style Guide (that's American Medical Association)

The first was useful because we were documenting software and hardware
computer related stuff.
The second was useful for general grammar-type issues.
The third was useful for medical related questions.

Christi Carew

Christi Carew
Technical Writer

christi -at- sageinst -dot- com
p. 831-761-6565
f. 831-761-2452

Sage Instruments
240 Airport Blvd.
Freedom, CA 95019
www.sageinst.com

You may be on the right track, but if you just sit there, you're bound to
get run over.