RE: Tracking off

Subject: RE: Tracking off
From: "Kim Portonova" <kim_portonova -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: mmarques -at- cms400 -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:38:56 PST

> <snip>
> Too much condescending information is annoying and will alienate your
> readers. Do you still tell them to "Press
> Enter" after every command?
> <snip>

I always tell my users to Press Enter after every command. In some of our user's systems they press Enter, sometimes they press PF3, sometimes they press Page Down, sometimes they do nothing and the next screen automatically appears.

It doesn't matter to me if the particular application I'm documenting is consistent, because other systems our users use are not.

Kim Forbes
Technical Writer
Children's Hospital
Boston, MA 02188