RE: Do you just bite your tongue?

Subject: RE: Do you just bite your tongue?
From: PStubble -at- MICROS -dot- COM
To: dpacker -at- stingrayboats -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:47:47 -0500

Debbie,

I agree with the other responses in that there is no easy call for your
situation. I think you did the right thing.

When editing other people's documents, I classify my corrections into two
tiers:

- Tier 1 are those corrections that were grammatical in nature
- Tier 2 are those corrections that have to do with style, word choice, etc.

When push comes to shove, I will fight harder for the tier 1 corrections
because they could embarrass the company. I recommend my tier 2 corrections,
but I realize that they may not always be adopted.

My two cents,

Paul Stubblefield
Senior Technical Writer
MICROS Systems, Inc.