RE: References (was Re: Agencies

Subject: RE: References (was Re: Agencies
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "'Kevin McLauchlan'" <KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 18:03:00 -0500

Kevin,

Maintain your reference network. Christmas and Hanukkah cards, an occasional
"hey it's been too long" phone call or lunch, and the like.

And whether you can use a current colleague depends on your circumstances.
It's a risk, but, for example if you're downsizing, everybody knows who's
leaving and it's not a problem, or if your spouse is being relocated, then
you're leaving without burning any bridges. I did use current colleague
references once when the company was being re-organized into a living hell,
but I took a major chance in trusting those sources.

My 2 1/2 cents

Connie Giordano