RE: Contacting competitors for information on their documentation

Subject: RE: Contacting competitors for information on their documentation
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com>
To: John David Hickey <dave -at- toonboom -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 99 16:39:06 -0600

John David Hickey <dave -at- toonboom -dot- com is thinking about contacting writers at
his company's competitors.

Dave,
If all you are looking for is a copy of the competitor's doc, you should be
able to get that through YOUR company's sales/marketing department.
As for contacting the competition's writers....well, if someone did that to
me, I'd be real pissed. Yea, there is the "we are the writing world" spirit
thing, but it sort of gets left in the mud under the porch when you're talking
about the competition. You should also check this out with your manager
BEFORE you attempt contact. You could be violating a slew of non-disclosure
statements that you signed.

hth
jarnopol