Info. on Single Sourcing

Subject: Info. on Single Sourcing
From: Angela Salley <Angela -dot- Salley -at- usa -dot- alcatel -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 14:39:18 -0600

I work in the Technical Publications department of a telecom
company. We
are considering single sourcing for our documents. Is anyone
else
currently doing this? If so, how did you get started? How did
you
approach it?

We use Interleaf and have been told (by powers that be) that we
will
need to use Quicksilver. Has anyone used this tool? Any
recommendations,
comments, etc.?

We understand that the Info Design SIG of STC does the single
sourcing
info. however, this SIG doesn't exist in Dallas, Texas. Is
anyone a part
of this SIG in another area?

Thank you for your information and assistance.

Angela Salley
Technical Writer
Alcatel USA