Re: Examples of good tech writing

Subject: Re: Examples of good tech writing
From: Mpschiesl -at- ra -dot- rockwell -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 10:12:20 -0600

That's an excellent question (I usually get a lot of good ideas from other
documents).

Cisco Systems (www.cisco.com), has a lot of good documents on computer
networking (which is where I learned about network technology).

Danfoss (www.danfoss.com) has an excellent technical reference guide for
AC drives. The layout, illustrations, and technical explanations are really
good. I think that you can find this online (titled AC Technical Reference?).

Microsoft (www.microsoft.com) documents, which you can find anywhere, show
the typical styles and formats that you'll probably use in some fashion for s/w
documentation. You can look at the Microsoft Manual of Style for basic trends
to follow in software documentation.

I'll probably think of more later...

Have a nice day,

Michael Schiesl