RE: Bugs and changes record keeping

Subject: RE: Bugs and changes record keeping
From: "Cascio, Justin" <Justin_Cascio -at- tvratings -dot- com>
To: "'Halter, Meg'" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 13:40:34 -0500

I don't think that's off topic at all!

I've worked in two different software shops, and in each, the help
development "nice to haves" and bugs went into the same incident report
system as the program bugs and such. (In both shops, we used Lotus Notes
databases for this.) If your shop already has such a system in place for
logging issues in the program, you can just add your own help issues in
there, too.

Customer Support can be one of your biggest allies in finding issues in the
help and suggesting topics and information to include in the help ("nice to
haves") based on the volume of questions they get from users.

Justin Cascio