RE: Designing a new help system -- Oh boy! ...ugh

Subject: RE: Designing a new help system -- Oh boy! ...ugh
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "'Rene Stephenson'" <RStephenson -at- mwci -dot- mea -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 10:11:36 -0500

Rene,

I can only address #4, the only way I've found to do an estimate is to look
at freeze dates and QA turnover dates as dependencies. Use any specs you
can find to determine the scope, and then look at these dates to determine
your milestones. For instance, I use a functional spec to determine the
number of topics I'll probably need, and I use the freeze date as the time
when GUI should stop changing. I use the QA turnover date as my start time,
and release from QA as my final date--that way QA and Documentation run more
in synch and we have a better shot of releasing accurate documentation with
the product.

HTH,

Connie Giordano