Re: Resumes/Interviewing

Subject: Re: Resumes/Interviewing
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: Marc Santacroce <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:03:17 -0600

I'm not so sure I would go that far, but I think hiring managers DO use
resume submittals to make the first cut in the decision process. My
resume alone has actually gotten me hired a few times, but that's the
exception. Twice I met the client for the first time when I showed up
for work (early on in my career when I was so grateful to get ANY tech
writing job I didn't question fate). Several more times the interview
was just a formality, the hiring manager had already made the decision
to hire me. Usually my resume just gets me to the interview, and it's
through the interviewing process that the potential client and I decide
if this can be a mutually profitable, beneficial relationship.

Jo Byrd