Re: Unprofessional possessive

Subject: Re: Unprofessional possessive
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: Kasie Snyder <Kasie -dot- Snyder -at- pulse -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 11:51:15 -0600

Never one to keep my opinion to myself when there's the chance of irking
someone else, I'd like to say that contractions shouldn't be summarily
prohibited from technical writing. Depending on the nature of the
document, and your audience, sometimes contractions are appropriate. As
for possessives, they are not only correct but often necessary for
clarity. Meg, I like your example. Me often like to take someone head
and bash with rock.

--
Jo Baer
Senior Technical Writer