Documentation on a corporate web site

Subject: Documentation on a corporate web site
From: William Swallow <WSWALLOW -at- commsoft -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:03:54 -0500

Gilda,

I'm actually looking into this as well. Right now I maintain the Doc
Intranet area, in which we provide PDFs, HTML and stand-alone HTML-based
Help. Content ranges from technical manuals to user manuals to team profiles
to Web-based resources (links and such).

I'm currently looking into a secured area on our corporate Web site for
customers to access the documentation they have rights for (individual
passwords). Right now the whole project is in upper management
conceptualization limbo, but I'm pretty much ready to go.

On the Web we plan to have a general non-protected area that provides
general doc info, manual set overviews, department contact info, a login
page and other non-proprietary info. Beyond the wall we'll have all our
manuals, customer-specific info and such in PDF and HTML-based format.

What I'm waiting for is the go-ahead for the design (need the templates from
our webmaster) and definitive info on the type of security we'll be working
with.

HTH.

Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
Aptis Inc.
a subsidiary of Billing Concepts
phone: 518.433.7698
fax: 518.433.7680
<mailto:william -dot- swallow -at- aptissoftware -dot- com>
<http://www.aptissoftware.com>

"...painting murals with metaphors..."