Re: To Cc or not to Cc

Subject: Re: To Cc or not to Cc
From: Sandy Harris <sharris -at- dkl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:46:31 -0500

Robert Heath wrote:

> In reviewing a colleague's draft of an online help system, I have
> noticed many places where she uses "Cc" as a verb, as in the
> following example: "If you want to Cc the email to another user,...

I find that entirely acceptable, much preferable to "send a copy"
because it is both shorter and more precise. It lets you distinguish
betweeb cc'ing a message (extra recipient, and other recipients are
informed of that) and bcc'ing it (blind cc where other recipients
aren't told about this one).

That doesn't necessarily mean it is OK for your audience. I'm very
thoroughly used to email. They may not be, or may use different
conventions.