Intranet sites

Subject: Intranet sites
From: "Michelle Lynch" <milynch -at- imaginemail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:45:17 -0800

Hi,

I have been assigned the task of creating an intranet site for our development team. We are using the Rational Unified Process for an object oriented project. Our development team includes programmers, analysts, project managers, and object modelers. The users of the site will be our team members as well as a business team - a group of people who will benefit from our project. (We continually have meetings with the business team and need to keep the lines of communication open by providing updates, documentation and exchange of ideas.)

I am trying to get some direction and figure out the scope for this site. I have never done a project like this before and I have never seen a really good intranet site.

I will be using FrontPage 2000.

Does anyone know of any good intranet resources (books, websites, etc)? Ideally, I would love to hear of/see/read examples of intranet sites and their capabilities.

Also, I know everyone is extremely busy, but if you have worked on a project like this, I would really like to hear your story (you can e-mail me privately).

I appreciate any information that anyone out there can pass along.

Thank you
Michelle

Free, fast e-mail accessible anytime, anywhere http://www.imaginemail.com