Re: FWD: How long to wait after an interview...

Subject: Re: FWD: How long to wait after an interview...
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:01:49 PST

Anonymous asks:

My concern is this: I interviewed for a position recently over
the phone. I felt that the interview went well and I answered
his questions promptly, but without sounding too arrogant. I
then heard back from. He wrote that the decision was delayed
due to.....and that I would hear back from him soon. It has
been almost a week since that email. How long should I wait
until I write, call, or should I just drop it.

Tony Markatos responds:

I could be that they will get back with you. However, in general, whenever a job seeker hears "the decision has been delayed", its a done deal that he/she did not get the job. Why, when they know that they are not interested in a candidate, do employeers keep the candidate "hanging-on" the the slim hope that they may still get the job (or another interview)? Simply because it is easier for the employeer to do this than to to feel the pain (on their part) associated with rejecting a perfectly good candidate because of some prejudice or a "chemistry" issue.

But again, they may get back with you. If you feel that investing the energy to contact them is warrented, I suggest doing so as soon as possible.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)