Team Building

Subject: Team Building
From: CBamber -at- castek -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:36:22 -0500

Hi everybody,
I get all the good jobs <sigh>...
One of the ways we are looking to integrate tech writers into our
development and design teams is to strengthen the infrastructure and
"bonding" in the teams themselves. I have been asked to find good team
building courses for both the info products team and for integrated
development project teams.

Has anyone ever been on a corporate or project "team building" course - the
kind where you do trust exercises, and perhaps go on an adventure? I've
been asked to find something interesting for new project teams, to get them
bonded in a hurry. I would like to find something interesting and fun that
doesn't necessarily involve athletics or getting dirty in the great
outdoors (some teams will like the physical challenge, others might prefer
something more social or performance focused - I'd like to be able to
present some choices). someone recommended clown school, which I thought
might be fun.

So two questions:

Can anyone recommend something?

and

What is your opinion of such activities for bring a team together? Will it
really help the tw's, qa people, developers, etc bond into a more effective
team?

Any input gratefully accepted!!

Thanks,

Candace