Re: Big RoboHelp Problem!!!!!

Subject: Re: Big RoboHelp Problem!!!!!
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 13:36:49 -0800

There is one situation where you do want to send the FTS and GID files: If
you want the users to uninstall the application completely. If
UninstallShield sees files in the directory that were not part of the
original build, it won't uninstall them. And the Uninstall is not complete.

In that case, you do want to ship them but they can actually be a 1k empty
file with the right name. Then they are created correctly when the user does
it but the uninstall also works correctly.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
www.anthrobytes.com
Check out www.WinHelp.net!