FrameMaker Index not in TOC or PDF

Subject: FrameMaker Index not in TOC or PDF
From: Laura Tarwater <ltarwater -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:04:09 -0800 (PST)

Since this is a tool-specific question, feel free to reply off-list so
as not to annoy those who don't care about FrameMaker problems (hope
that's ok, Eric).

Currently I have my book index file set up in the following way:
there's a disconnected background text flow on the firstpage master
page with the text 'Index'. The template page flow is set up to be 2
columns.

This gives a lovely result when printed, but has the following 2 side
effects: the index doesn't show up in the TOC, since the text 'Index'
is in the master page (or at least I think that's the reason), and the
index doesn't show up on the list of bookmarks when a PDF is generated
(for the same reason, I assume).

Do I need to have the text 'Index' on the body page so that I can
include the tag in the TOC include list and PDF bookmark include list?
If so, how can I do this while keeping the 2-column layout for the main
text flow? If not, what's another way to get the results I'm looking
for?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Laura Tarwater
ltarwater -at- yahoo -dot- com