Re: Contract Job Avg Duration

Subject: Re: Contract Job Avg Duration
From: claudette69 -at- mindspring -dot- com
To: Anthony Markatos <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:05:07 -0500

I've had contracts that lasted as long as 11 months and as short as 2 months (which is my current contract)

Anthony Markatos <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:
> Question to all listserv members doing contract work (W-2,1099,etc.)

Going into a job, what is the average stated anticipated duration of a TW
contract assignment.

A recruiter from the Boston area recently told me that 99% of all contract
jobs are initially for three months, but that the majority are subsequently
boosted-up to a duration of six months or more. How does this sound?

Note: I have read that the average stated duration going into a contract job
is six months.

Thanks

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)

"Assume Success! Live Your Passion!" Get the gist at
www.coachrose.com then call 503.629.4804 for details!

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: claudette69 -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM