RE: Writing Test?

Subject: RE: Writing Test?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Mpschiesl -at- ra -dot- rockwell -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:39:00 -0800 (PST)

I think this is a subject where you do whatever you
are comfortable with, and accept the consequences.

I for one, have never been asked to take a writing
test. I've been asked to take a urine test, but that's
another story.

However, if I was to be asked, I would refuse. Would
I understand if i was eliminated? Sure. Would I hold
it against them? No. Would I have alternative
assignments to consider? Yep!

Why do I have this attitute?

1) I'm a contractor
2) I'm good
3) There aren't that many of us like that out there,
or at least, as many as employers would like. :-)

--- Mpschiesl -at- ra -dot- rockwell -dot- com wrote:

> I would have a problem giving a paycheck to certain
> attitudes shown
> in this thread.
>
> Tobbin wrote:
> <I think that as a Senior Tech Writer, you would be
> justified and capable
> of refusing such a test.>
>
> Did you take your last car on a test drive, or did
> you just accept whatever

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard