Re: Hiring a Writer with little experience

Subject: Re: Hiring a Writer with little experience
From: "Alan D. Miller" <"Alan D. Miller"@educate.com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:00:43 -0500

Rasil Ahuja asked:

<snip>
The question is: how much of an interest should I take in the hiring of my
replacement?

Al Miller answered:

The answer is: It depends. On what your relationship with your soon-to-be-ex
employer is and what you want it to be in the future. In general, I would say do
everything you can to make the transition to your replacement as smooth as
possible. It's just good manners. If, however, you have been "asked to resign"
or something to the same effect, you are under no obligation to train your
replacement (I think it's tacky for an employer to require a "resigned" employee
to train a replacement, and the employee should refuse).

Al Miller
Sylvan Prometric
alan -dot- miller -at- educate -dot- com