Updating a Book

Subject: Updating a Book
From: "Kathi Jan Knill" <Kathi -dot- Knill -at- template -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:53:44 -0500

Hi guys.

I am currently using Framemaker and I am very far away from every becoming
an expert user. I have been using Frame long enough to know the basics, and
I have Classroom in a Book book. But now I have a question that needs more
than just how to (although I need that too!).

I have been working on a book that already existed before I starting
writing it. The content has changed significantly since I started and I am
now at a point where I realize that a chapter needs to be merged with
another and I want to move some chapters around (the order in which they
are in now makes no sense because later chapters give you information that
you need for tasks in previous chapters). I give you the explanation just
so you don't think I am just mucking around and trying to make the book
"mine." I just want it to be logically ordered.

So, my question(s) is how do I do this in the easiest, most efficient, and
lease problematic way?

I don't necessarily feel that this is something other list readers would
need, so feel free to answer me off-line. I can always post a summary.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help I get.

Kathi Jan Knill
Senior Technical Writer
Template Software, Inc.
kathi -dot- knill -at- template -dot- com
"You can only have two things in life, reasons or results.
Reasons don't count." `` Robert Anthony