Re: peanut butter and jelly - revisited

Subject: Re: peanut butter and jelly - revisited
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Melissa Fisher" <mfisher -at- automatedlogic -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 07:30:37 -0800

I do this for the first night of my Intro to Tech Writing class. It is a
great ice breaker. But it is even better in that out of about 20 people with
some tech writing background, maybe 2 get it. I make the time short - 15
minutes to write, they can look at the jars of PB, J and bread but cannot
actually touch them. I tell them not to put names on the pages. Then I pick
them up, shuffle them, and pick 2 of the more outgoing people in class. One
reads and one makes. We eat the sandwiches. It is pretty funny AND you can
talk about audience, deadlines, clearly explaining info, task flow, order of
notes, lots of stuff.

Don't worry. It will work.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
www.anthrobytes.com
Check out www.WinHelp.net!