Re: Color Background In PDF?

Subject: Re: Color Background In PDF?
From: Karen Kenny <kkenny -at- home -dot- net>
To: bdoonan -at- coreco -dot- com
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 13:39:31 -0600

bdoonan -at- coreco -dot- com wrote:

> one of the engineers asked me if it is possible to have a colored
> background in a PDF he wants developed.

Brian,

Yes, you can have a colored background in a PDF, if the publishing
package you are using supports such a thing.

We use FrameMaker, and our menu template has a graphic (probably EPS,
but I can't say for sure) that fills the master page. This graphic has
a cream-colored area where the text actually is. There is also a black
area on the left side where there are a number of standard links. The
one thing that I will say about this is that if you use white text on a
dark background, you can't see what you are typing until you refresh the
screen. Most annoying.

Good luck!

Karen Kenny
ACI Worldwide