RE: Slightly OT: Word bulleting nightmares, help!!

Subject: RE: Slightly OT: Word bulleting nightmares, help!!
From: Karen Field <kfield -at- STELLCOM -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 09:48:44 -0800

Brian, I get around this by using autocorrect and a standard tag. Word's
bulleting and autonumbering features are a nightmare, so I've found ways to
work around them. Anytime Word sees "bullet" in a tag, it goes crazy. And
not in a good way.

To use autocorrect, put the insertion point where you want the bullet, go to
Insert\Symbol, choose the bullet you want, and click Autocorrect, and create
a shortcut key combo (mine in "b]". Click OK or whatever, and you're done.

HTH
Karen Field
Sr. Technical Writer
Stellcom, Inc.