RE: how to write click

Subject: RE: how to write click
From: "Ronica Roth" <rroth -at- exactis -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:34:52 -0700

I like the arrows method (File -> Edit).

I strongly recommend AGAINST using the pipe (|) character. In certain
programming/technical contexts, the | means "logical or", so that File |
Edit would mean File OR Edit. In other technical contexts, the pipe
indicates that the output of the process to the left should be directed
toward the thing on the right.

Although your readers may not be so technical, someone who is technical
might get confused. Plus, I think it's a bad habit to get into, since you
might later need to write similar notation for a more technical audience.

Ronica Roth
Technical Writer
Exactis.com, Inc.
rroth -at- exactis -dot- com