RE: Are these words being used?

Subject: RE: Are these words being used?
From: "Humbird, Len - CFC" <Humbird -dot- Len -at- cfwy -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:56:56 -0800

Suggest to your SME that everyone start using GOTO statements and
self-modifying code because they're coming back in style again. Hey, if us
tech writers can insert a "see also" page reference in a manual, it's gotta
be good in a program!

Well, yes, as a matter of fact, it IS a nice way to tell your SME where to
GOTO.

In fact, why don't you quiz him on why programming has such a strict syntax?
We should be able to create new instructions and constructs on the fly,
whenever we need them. And if the computer doesn't recognize it, then it
must be a hardware problem.