RE: Are these words being used?

Subject: RE: Are these words being used?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 14:56:04 -0500

Hallo:

What industry are you in? Can you get verification of the terms shippability
and orderability? Perhaps, indeed, these terms are industry-specific . . . I
have certainly never seen those words used. What does orderability mean? An
item is in stock, the order-taking guy did/didn't call in sick, the phones
work? Shippability . . . never mind.

I encountered an industry-specific word in my second tech writing job (my
first out of school): singulate. I used it, but I was too new and weak to
oppose anyone . . ..

All the best.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

If the terms are industry standards, then they would be clear.