Re: Are these words being used?

Subject: Re: Are these words being used?
From: Mary Reinhardt <mbreinha -at- us -dot- oracle -dot- com>
To: Bob Morrisette <writer1 -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 10:55:28 -0500

Yuck!

Well, first of all, I personally don't recognize these words as belonging to the
English language which I communicate with, but I can't find a true grammatical
rule (without doing some serious digging) to prove them ungrammatical.

My argument would have to stem from the concern of clarity. Would you then talk
about the shippabilitieness of the product? These words just simply aren't clear,
and would cause some confusion for the reader.

The strongest argument however, might be that if your documents will be
translated, this will cause serious problems. I only know one language other than
English (German) but I can tell you translating these words would come out very
awkward and confusing.

Stand your ground for the sake of your readers!

Mary Reinhardt