Re: Newbie in Houston?

Subject: Re: Newbie in Houston?
From: "April" <pix_l -at- geocities -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 21:06:29 -0600

I would like to thank everyone for their speedy and informative responses!
It's going to take some time for me to reply to everyone, but I will!!!

Geoff wrote: <Could it be that you've told them all you're going back to
school in the spring? Most companies won't want to go through the fuss of
hiring you if you're not going to stick around. Even if you were only
thinking "night courses", that part of the message may not have gotten
through clearly.>

I hadn't mentioned school to anyone and recently courted that option after
finding that every position, for which I applied, required a 4-yr. degree
(as did the position I'm holding now)! I do believe that I only lucked into
my current position based on self-taught skills and my ability to learn
whatever it took to get the job done. It's difficult to convince a
prospective employer of that very important skill when they screen
applicants based on education. (And they do!)

Thank you, everyone, who replied to my original post. I will be in touch!

April
pix_l -at- geocities -dot- com