Re: Mac/Win Online Help

Subject: Re: Mac/Win Online Help
From: ahowell -at- poolmail -dot- dolphinsoftware -dot- com
To: carl -at- digipubcorp -dot- com
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 11:33:12 -0500

As far as I know HTMLHelp is only good for IE on PCs. For a Mac audience, look
at WebHelp (RoboHelp HTML, for one, lets you output this format) which is
cross-platform, browser independent.

"Carl L. Young" <carl -at- digipubcorp -dot- com> on 11/04/99 10:41:37 AM

Please respond to carl -at- digipubcorp -dot- com

To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
cc: wwp-users-req-sf79 -at- egroups -dot- com, Framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com,
publisher -at- quadralay -dot- com (bcc: Ann Howell/Dolphin)

Subject: Mac/Win Online Help

I've a client who has a cross-platform software product. They are using PDF
to create help files, but want to investigate other solutions. They have no
specific complaints about Acrobat, they just want to know what the options
are.

I've been out of the Mac market for years; I found something in the
Techwriter's archive about Macs supporting HTMLHelp. Is this true, and if
so, what versions of the MacOS support it? I especially want to know what
tools are available to create Win and Mac online help.

The current documentation is in FrameMaker, so we would like to avoid a
Word-based solution.

TIA,
Carl

Carl Young Adobe Certified Training
DigiPub Solutions Corp. Provider
602.788.6512 FrameMaker and Acrobat
Adobe Premium VAR
www.digipubcorp.com Chrystal Software Aspen
Partner
Consulting, training, information development and
conversion services provided throughout the U.S.

http://www.FrameUsers.com