HTML and Javascript Training

Subject: HTML and Javascript Training
From: "Benjamin King" <kingbt -at- my-deja -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:47:27 -0700

I'm a tech writer in the Detroit area. I've been asked to take some training on HTML including Javascripts. It's my boss' plan to have me add my creative touch to the Web interface for our Web-based product. Can anyone suggest a good training for this. I have no previous HTML experience. Also is this something I can do without Web design software a la Dreamweaver, or what?

Thanks for any help.

Kingbt